Dog strollers for small dogs are a fairly popular item but why would someone use a dog stroller to take their petite pooch for a walk? Well there are different reasons; But the one that is most relevant to this website involves senior or geriatric dogs who are no longer able to walk long or short distances comfortably.
Dog strollers allow pets with limited mobility to continue to enjoy the great outdoors with their owners. It’s stimulating and fun for elderly dogs to get out and about in the sunshine and fresh air with exciting new smells and a change of scenery from the home or backyard. Your faithful old furry friend will definitely appreciate being able to experience an exhilarating outing with you again in her safe and comfortable dog stroller.
Below are three reviews of the ‘top-rated-in-customer-satisfaction’ dog strollers for small dogs available on Amazon. Keep in mind that “customer satisfaction” takes into account functionality, durability, and affordability. Sure, there are dog strollers out there that cost a few hundred dollars and might be made better than the ones listed below. But the strollers I’ve included in this list are the best ones that most any pet parent can afford.
1st Dog Stroller for Small Dogs: PAWS AND PALS DOG STROLLER
Place to Buy: AMAZON
The Paws and Pals Dog Stroller for small dogs is rated very high in customer satisfaction and the price is right. It’s quite an attractively functional stroller available right now in three colors, Rose Wine, Light Pink, and Beige. It’s a 3-wheel stroller, which offers greater maneuverability at higher speeds than a 4-wheeler. 3-wheel strollers are also better at navigating your way over bumpier terrain.
The assembled stroller is 34″ long, 18″ wide, and 40″ in height. It folds up compactly, making it easy to travel with. The carriage is the compartment where your precious pet sits and enjoys the ride. The measurements of the carriage are 21″ in Length x 14″ Wide x 19″ in Height. Maximum carriage weight capacity is 30 lbs. or 13.6 kg. so your beloved baby should be 30 lbs. or under for this dog stroller.
It’s easy to load and unload your dog using the front or back zip entry. You can choose to keep your pet zipped up completely behind the strong canvas mesh, or you can cruise around convertible style with the canopy down, using the leash clip designed to keep your dog from jumping out.
Another great feature of this dog stroller is the undercarriage roomy storage space so you can pack everything you might need for whatever destination you have in mind, if indeed you have one. If you’re just out for a round-trip stroll, you can pack a water bowl and water bottle for your canine kid, and there is a cup holder on the backside near the push handle of the stroller for your hydration needs.
This pet stroller is made with quality, water-resistant material that is simple to clean with mild cleanser and a cloth. The wheels are reliable and sturdy. And when you’re on your walk and ready to take a break, there are rear foot breaks you can step on to keep your dog stroller stationary.
PROS & CONS
- The stroller is made by Paws and Pets, a reputable pet supply company devoted to creating and designing hand-crafted products for both pets and pet parents.
- It’s a 3-wheeler, which offers greater maneuverability over a wider variety of terrain.
- Made with quality, durable, water-resistant materials.
- Features rear foot brakes if a quick stop is needed.
- Folds up into a more compact version, making it easy to store and travel with.
- You have the option to walk your dog fully or partially zipped behind the mesh canvas screen, or stroll around with the top down.
- Highly rated in customer satisfaction and completely affordable.
- Assembly required although no tools are necessary.
- No money-back guarantee although there is a 30-day return policy.
2nd Dog Stroller for Small Dogs: PET GEAR NO-ZIP HAPPY TRAILS LITE PET STROLLER
Place to Buy: AMAZON
It’s in the title of the product itself ~ “No-Zip” and one of the features of this small dog stroller is that it boasts “no struggling with zippers.” Instead of zippers, there is an easy locking front latch. A matter of preference I think, but zippers do sometimes get stuck, and this pet stroller would eliminate that potential annoyance when you are loading or unloading your pet.
Maximum body weight capacity for the carriage apartment is 25 lbs. or 11.34 kg. of canine body weight so this stroller would be a good fit if your dog is 25 lbs. or under. The top canopy over the carriage can be adjusted to 3 different positions and your pet has a panoramic view of her surroundings as you stroll or jog along. There’s even an elevated paw rest. The measurement dimensions of the stroller are 22″ L x 16.5″ W x 36″ H.
The Pet Gear No-Zip Happy Trails Lite pet stroller is a 4 wheeler, with 6 inch wheels and front swivel wheels with shock absorbers. There is a brake for each rear wheel that you can lock and unlock with your feet. Below is a large storage unit for whatever you or your pampered pet may need for your travels, and a handy pet parent tray with cup holders.
This stroller folds in half for easier storage travel and storage. This particular Pet Gear Happy Trails stroller comes in the color ‘Boysenberry.’
PROS & CONS:
- This stroller is manufactured by Pet Gear, a trusted pet supply company that’s been around since the 1930s. The safety and comfort of our pets comes first with Pet Gear.
- It’s a 4-wheeler which provides extra stability; the front swivel wheels have shock absorbers.
- The carriage pet compartment opens and closes with a front latch, eliminating any ‘zipper hassles.’
- Your pet has a panoramic view of her exciting surroundings with a 3 position canopy above.
- There’s an elevated paw rest, a large storage basket beneath, and convenient cup holders for pet parents.
- Highly rated in customer satisfaction and affordable.
- This stroller folds in half for storage, but folded up it’s still somewhat bulky.
- Assembly required.
- This particular above featured stroller only comes in the color Boysenberry (pictured). Other colors of Pet Gear No-Zip Happy Trails strollers are available but the features, structure, and prices vary.
- No money-back guarantee, just a return policy.
3rd Dog Stroller for Small Dogs: BESTPET PET STROLLER T13 FOR DOGS OR CATS
Place to Buy: AMAZON
This highly rated and very affordable pet stroller is made of durable, water-resistant Oxford cloth. The strong mesh screens provide good air circulation and visibility for your dog or cat while keeping out insects. BestPet T13 is a 3-wheel design stroller with sturdy 6.3 inch wheels for riding over smooth or rough terrain. The front wheels can be rotated 360 degrees for great maneuverability.
The carriage weight capacity for your cuddly canine occupant is 30 lbs. or 13.6 kg. You can adjust the screened canopy down over your precious passenger or ride top-down-convertible style, using the safety tether. The carriage compartment also features a cozy mattress pad for added comfort. Speaking of safety, you can have peace of mind with the rear lock brakes right below you as you navigate this BestPet stroller.
The dimensions of the assembled stroller are 33″ L x 17.5″ W x 38.6″ H. It has a collapsible design which makes it ideal for camping, travel, and storage, and the stroller itself weighs 11 lbs. The waterproof material it’s made of will keep your pet dry in the rain and makes it easy to clean.
The BestPet stroller also has a roomy undercarriage for any necessities or fun stuff you care to bring along with you and your cuddle-baby on your joy ride. And for you, the pet parent chauffeur, there is a handy cup holder and a 12 months warranty and 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
PROS & CONS:
- Of course if it’s on this list, you know it is rated tops in customer satisfaction and affordability. But this stroller also comes in 4 colors: Blue, Red, Purple, and Black.
- The wheel design makes this stroller easy to navigate and maneuver with rear safety brakes just a foot’s touch away
- This pet stroller collapses and folds for easy storage, handling, and travel.
- The amenities of this stroller include a roomy undercarriage, a convenient cup holder near the handle, and a removable mini mattress pad for your pet’s extra comfort.
- Its water-resistant, easy to clean, and a very attractive and fun means of transport on the nature trail for you and your pet.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed with a 1-year warranty.
- Assembly required.
Thanks for Reading
If you’re in the market for a functional and durable, safe, attractive and affordable dog stroller for small dogs, I hope that you have found a good fit for you and your pet after reading this review. These pet strollers are made by established and trusted pet supply companies interested in the safety and comfort of both pets and pet parents.
If you have any comments, questions, or relevant experiences to relate, you are invited to leave them in the comment section below. Thanks so much for visiting My Geriatric Dog!