Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon
All Natural: Soothes Your Allergic Dog’s Itchy Skin from the Inside Without Harmful Drugs
Canine allergies are all too common these days, and those of us with allergic pets can attest to the challenges they present to both dog and owner. No loving dog owner wants to see their dog in pain or discomfort, and a growing number of pet parents are reluctant to turn to drugs to control the symptoms. These drugs can have harmful side effects and can cause horrific damage to your dog’s health if used long term. It’s important to be aware of natural allergy relief for dogs.
Natural allergy relief products for pets are gaining in popularity and that can only be a step in the right direction! I have a 12-year-old Labrador mix called Eckhart. His flea and pollen allergies have only gotten worse with age, but since he’s had a few bouts of pancreatitis in his senior years, I refuse to give him any drugs to combat the itchy and scratchy symptoms that occur with most canine allergies.
Enter Fitapet Allergy Relief for Itchy Dogs! Eckhart and I have had such good results with this all natural chewy treat that I just have to give a rave review. This particular product contains quercetin, bromelain, and omega-3 fatty acids, all compounds that naturally help regulate the inflammatory response that causes allergy symptoms. It also has the added benefit of turmeric, an essential spice that has been proven to be a wonderful supplement for dogs, especially senior canines that suffer with inflammatory arthritis.
Pros and Cons
- It’s all natural allergy relief for your dog’s inflamed, itchy skin. It soothes from the inside out with no worrisome side effects.
- This product is wheat free, so no chance of an additional common allergy ingredient being introduced.
- Combines 4 safe, anti-allergy compounds to relieve your dog’s symptoms while supporting his general health.
- Treats all the environmental allergies; Fleas, inhaled allergens, food, and contact allergens such as certain shampoos or carpets.
- Money Back Guarantee – 100%
- Although this product boasts that it is a great tasting soft chew that is ideal for picky eaters, I cannot definitively confirm that from my experience with Eckhart. You see, Eckhart is about as far from being a ‘picky eater’ as it is possible for a dog to be. “Chow Hound” is the term that comes to mind with Eckhart.
- The recommended dosage is based on your dog’s weight and should be divided up to be given twice daily. So if you have a large breed dog, you could be giving as many as 6 soft chews a day, 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening. If you have to give 6 per day, this can get a bit expensive as a bag this size would only last for 10 days. However, some dog owners reported being able to reduce the dosage after a couple of weeks with the same great results.
- Fitapet Allergy Relief for Itchy Dogs may not be as effective in dogs with very severe allergies.
Remembering Murphy and Mr. Neeley
I fondly remember Mr. Neeley and his gold cocker spaniel “Murphy” from my years of working in a veterinary hospital. Poor Murphy had terrible skin allergies and chronic ear infections because of it. This always seemed to me a cruel trick of nature because Murphy was the most adorable, sweetest, and most loving animal I ever had the privilege to know.
He loved everyone, even us folks at the Animal Hospital that sometimes had to cause him pain. He loved Mr. Neeley most of all, and Mr. Neeley, (being a kind and gentle old man), reciprocated Murphy’s love in equal if not greater measure. Mr. Neeley and Murphy were at the vet hospital, it seemed, every couple of weeks trying to get relief for Murphy’s itchy, rashy, swollen ears and skin.
The veterinarian I worked for at the time was a mainstream, traditional old Doc who prescribed the usual treatments for canine allergies: Antibiotics, antihistamines, steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs, etc., sometimes prescribing more than one-at-a-time in desperation for Murphy’s ever-worsening condition.
Finally, Mr. Neeley said, “Enough!” Murphy was eating and drinking like there was no tomorrow (a side effect of steroids) and his personally had changed so much due to all the drugs that Mr. Neeley hardly knew him anymore. He announced his decision to find Murphy a holistic doctor. He went with my blessing and fervent prayers.
Mr. Neeley and Murphy came to visit our animal hospital about 11 months later. To my tearful delight, Murphy came running in wagging his whole rear end and running from staff member to staff member, licking and grunting in joy. The change in him was nothing short of amazing. His skin was smooth and normal looking, his hair coat lush and shiny. I held my breath as I lifted his floppy ear to reveal… a healthy pink, sweet smelling inner ear with no sign of swelling!
That was one of the best days of my life. And though Murphy’s story may not be the norm, it is a shining example of how dogs can respond beautifully to natural treatments versus drugs. I hope you’ve enjoyed this review and deem it worthy to try natural allergy relief for dogs!
Please Leave Any Comments or Questions You may Have Below… Thanks for Visiting My Geriatric Dog!